New construction podcasts are popping up every month and it’s no surprise why. Audio is the perfect format for busy contractors in search of advice on how to take their career and business to the next level. Whether you’re commuting to work or in the operating seat, here are 10 construction industry podcasts you should consider tuning into.
- CONEXPO-CON/AGG Podcast: The award-winning CONEXPO-CON/AGG Podcast has been featuring deep dives into construction equipment and technology since its launch in 2016. Hosted by Taylor White of Ken White Construction, the CONEXPO-CON/AGG Podcast delivers unique and extraordinary stories from real members of the construction industry. Get boots-on-the-ground perspectives from construction business owners about their successes, challenges, industry trends, and whatever else is on their minds. Each episode features expert interviews with insights that you can apply to further grow your own business.
- The Construction Record: Get a Canadian perspective on the construction industry from the Daily Commercial News and the Journal of Commerce.
- Dirt Talk by BuildWitt: Love dirt? Get a sneak-peek into the world of heavy construction and mining through the lens of CONEXPO-CON/AGG 2023 education presenter Aaron Witt, President of BuildWitt. On a mission to "Make the Dirt World a Better Place," he travels to projects and mine sites around the world weekly to tell the stories of the awesome people who call the Dirt World their career. This show brings you candid stories from people who live blue-collar life as well as the behind the scenes screw-ups and lessons learned from BuildWitt.
- Kid Contractor Podcast with Caleb Auman: Host Caleb Auman runs a successful landscaping business with his wife, Brittany, and heads up the popular Hardscape Academy. Caleb shares value lessons from his years in the industry and talks through real struggles contractors encounter.
- Women Talk Construction Podcast: Hosted by Christi Powell and Angela Gardner, this incredibly positive and uplifting podcast offers real-world advice to help women grow in the construction field.
- Turner Mining Live: CONEXPO-CON/AGG education presenter Keaton Turner of Turner Mining Group takes to the mic for real talk with other industry leaders about building a business, leading through failures and using innovation to push an entire culture forward. Get the dirt on Turner Mining group and learn how we’re changing the game one day at a time.
- The ConTechCrew: Veteran CONEXPO-CON/AGG education presenter James Benham is the man behind this crew of construction technology experts. Every week they discuss news and current trends within the construction and technology industries with a special guest each week.
- Construction Brothers Podcast: Eddie and Tyler Campbell are 6th generation builders who currently own a virtual building and modeling company called ABSI. Each week, brothers Eddie and Tyler will explore ideas both directly and indirectly related to the construction industry. One listener describes the brothers' dynamic as comparable to the "Click and Clack" of Car Talk.
- Elevate Construction Podcast: With nearly a new episode releasing daily, these short episodes offer quick advice for people in the construction industry before hitting the jobsite each day. This podcast is great for ambitious construction professionals with only a few minutes to spare.
- The Laying Foundations Podcast: Laying Foundations is on a mission to equip the next generation of the construction industry. People are their motivation. Laying Foundations is about building relationships, unlocking potential, and exploring the trends and stresses of the construction industry.
Subscribe to the CONEXPO-CON/AGG 365 weekly newsletter to receive more great stories like this.