New construction podcasts are popping up every month and it’s no surprise why. Audio is the perfect format for busy contractors in search of advice on how to take their career and business to the next level. Whether you’re commuting to work or in the operating seat, here are 10 construction industry podcasts you should consider tuning into.
- CONEXPO-CON/AGG Radio: Host Missy Scherber interviews construction business owners about their successes, challenges and whatever else on their minds. Consider them your own personal mentors on workforce development, technology implementation, equipment solutions and more, enabling you to apply their expertise to your business.
- The Construction Record: Get a Canadian perspective on the construction industry from the Daily Commercial News and the Journal of Commerce.
- Contracting CoachCast: The Contracting Coachcast is a podcast where you get daily knowledge and tips to help you build a successful contracting business. Contractors get solid business lessons dealing with topics from project management to sales & marketing for the construction industry. Get the knowledge you need to turn your contracting business into a dream job.
- Conversations Around the Corner: Conversations Around the Corner is a podcast dedicated to inspiring the next generation of construction leaders through interviews with top executives in the industry.
- Where We Belong: Where We Belong is a 13-episode podcast dedicated to women in the asphalt industry. Listen in as we talk with women across the country and hear their stories; how they got into this business, non-traditional roles they’ve taken on, obstacles they’ve overcome, and how they’re changing the face of the asphalt industry.
- Kid Contractor Podcast with Caleb Auman: Host Caleb Auman runs a successful landscaping business with his wife, Brittany, and heads up the popular Hardscape Academy. Caleb shares value lessons from his years in the industry and talks through real struggles contractors encounter.
- Turner Mining Live: CONEXPO-CON/AGG 2020 education presenter Keaton Turner of Turner Mining Group takes to the mic for real talk with other industry leaders about building a business, leading through failures and using innovation to push an entire culture forward. Get the dirt on Turner Mining group and learn how we’re changing the game one day at a time.
- The ConTechCrew: CONEXPO-CON/AGG 2020 education presenter James Benham is the man behind this crew of construction technology experts. Every week they discuss news and current trends within the construction and technology industries with a special guest each week.
- Construction Brothers Podcast: Eddie and Tyler Campbell are 6th generation builders who currently own a virtual building and modeling company called ABSI. Each week, brothers Eddie and Tyler will explore ideas both directly and indirectly related to the construction industry. One listener describes the brothers' dynamic as comparable to the "Click and Clack" of Car Talk.
- Dirt Talk by BuildWitt: Love dirt? Get a sneak-peek into the world of heavy construction and mining through the lens of CONEXPO-CON/AGG 2020 education presenter Aaron Witt, president of BuildWitt. On a mission to "Make the Dirt World a Better Place," he travels to projects and mine sites around the world weekly to tell the stories of the awesome people who call the Dirt World their career. This show brings you candid stories from people who live blue-collar life as well as the behind the scenes screw-ups and lessons learned from BuildWitt.
Subscribe to the CONEXPO-CON/AGG 365 weekly newsletter to receive more great stories like this.